Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rain: A Tribute to the Beatles

Recently I was accepted as a Teen Ambassador for the Broward Center for Performing Arts. I am looking forward to this new adventure, I hope to get many of my friends and family to enjoy the performing arts just as much as I do.
   I had the privilege last night of attending opening night of Rain. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, was it a play about the Beatles,or was it a musical perhaps?
 When we first got to the theatre there were GoGo dancers on top of psychedelic boxes dancing. They were handling out multicolored lollipops, it was pretty cool. The show started and it was like being at an actual Beatles concert. There were four guys dressed just like the Beatles would, their costumes throughout the show were really good replicas of what they might have worn. I'm not really sure cause I wasn't alive back then but my parents said the costumes were pretty dead on .
 I am into Beatles music so it was so cool to actually feel like I was experiencing it first hand. There had to be at least 3 different generations at this show, from the very young to the very old. And everyone was up out of their seats dancing and singing to the music. I have to say it wasn't at all what I expected, it was sooooo much better.
    This afternoon I attended the RAIN Q&A Workshop with my mom. It was interesting to learn about details from behind the scenes, and about the different musicians that play the key roles and about their lives on the road.
     The show is at the Broward Center from now til October 16th. Trust me its definitely a great time!

1 comment:

  1. This sound like a fun interactive play, similar to "Momma Mia". Thanks for keeping me up to speed on the theater....I heart it too!

    ReplyDelete